Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New Years!

Yeaaaaa so it's more than two months away but you know how it goes, times flies.
And normally a friend takes cares of me, my friends and friends of friends by renting out a bar, sets up an all you can eat all you can drink deal, cuts the list at about 100 people and we all dance/drink the night and year away...all we have to do is wait for that email (usually comes any day now) that tells us the bar and the check amount and BAM New Year here we come.
Not. This. Year.
We are left to fend for our selves....we've come up with a few, rent a place in Michigan for the weekend, house party, etc. But think we are swaying back to our roots and just gonna rent a bar and throw are own shin dig, after all it works and everyone can still be together.
My good friends Amanda and Mike have been researching a few places, tell me whatcha think:

Sheffield's
*about $60 (plus food) 9-1am-heated tent, IPod docks (which if you know Mike at all is like an extension of the excitement of Xmas morning-Hello Mr. Playlist)

Kasey's Tavern
*Guessing $80 bucks or so (Amanda's still waiting for a response back)

And I found this place, I've been there before so yea...maybe I'll email them (or make Amanda do it) :)

Soooooooo which one would you go to?? Or would like to get invited too?!?!!? ;) ORRR any other sugguestions?!?!?!

2 comments:

  1. I'll chime in since you're calling me out ;)...

    Sheffield's would actually be their New Room and heated tent over their bier garden (we share the bar with one other party), drinks 9-1a, then cash bar til close (2am), call liquors (think absolute, captain's, tanqueray, jack, + jim, etc.) some of their amazing draft beers (the real draw!), domestic bottles, wine, champy toast at midnight,...light apps throughout (or a bigger menu at a higher price), ipod hook up...around $62.50...

    I heard back from Kasey's yesterday ...and they have another good deal!
    whole bar, 6-1a (last call at 1)...All of their draft beers, top shelf liquor, wine & soda...also domestic bottles, includes all miller and bud bottles along with amstel and heineken...add some others coors,PBR or old style upon request, champy toast at midnight...figure out food menu from catering...downloadable jukebox or ipod hookup...around $73+food costs...

    Both have been easy to work with and have said on numerous occasions "let me know if there's anything else you're looking for"...I have one I'm leaning toward, but I wouldn't mind the input. But soon...places will be gone quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit, since having kids we never celebrate New Year's anymore, pretty ad realization, ha.

    ReplyDelete