Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year.

Happy 2010...
I never had a problem with 2009, but hell whatever. Hello 2010-Welcome. And starting things off on the right foot-nope, not about to list all of the resolutions for everyone to read. Sorry to disappointment but I'm not making any resolutions-guess maybe because I pretty much failed at all the ones I made last year...in fact there is a red plastic penguin bank with about 42 bucks in it somewhere, gosh I hope I took it when I moved. Whoops....
So yea when I stay starting off on the right foot I guess I mean literally my right foot, then left-RUNNING!!! Yes blah blah blah I'm still running but now I got a new pair of kicks! I'm so excited, I was weary about them at first, until I just got off the treadmill-LOVE THEM!!  I had really good luck with my Nike REAX for about 2 maybe 3 months now, or so I thought. One of Mark's gifts for Christmas was New Balance gift cards so on New Year's Eve we shot up to Lincoln Park and had a great visit to the New Balance store. Right away they watched me walk, fitted me and BAM-Mamma's got a new pair of shoes!  Correct width, size and NEW supports (wow, sounds like I'm 80 and just bought orthopedic shoes) but yeah apparently I overpronate in my left foot which is most likely the reason to my now almost two week old pain of my left quadricep. So oh gosh if these shoes and supports stop my pain I will be FOREVER grateful.  This isn't the first time I've experienced the pain, it is however the first time I've pushed through it plus did something about it. I play tough girl a lot-hopefully I've learned my lesson. :-) 
Long story short-I love them and gosh I sure do hope they learn to love me (uhhh what's not to love?-duh). But I've realized in life regardless of what it is from relationships to shoes if you take care of something and treat it right it lasts longer. 
 So now I'm about to sound like an actual real runner in-4..3..2..1-
-I'm only gonna wear these shoes when I run.
-Tie/untie them when I put them on/take off
-Track my miles and once I hit 350-400 miles-replace them, end of story. 

Now take at look at these pretty puppies that get to snuggle up with my feet EVERY DAY...gosh they are almost as lucky as Mark!!  ;-)


PS-this caught my eye How-To Trainings...hmm mayyyyyybe.

3 comments: