Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanks

With Thanksgiving right around the corner I thought I'd take a moment out of my (out of nowhere) crazed, hectic life to take a moment (as everyone else is) and give thanks.

......To my parents. (the cuties HERE)

I am honestly so thankful for them. If you didn't already know they are absolutely, 100%, gods honest truth my best friends, the both of them. I don't know what they did or how they did it, but I just know they did it. Neither one has ever judged me all they ever did and continue to do is support me regardless of what it is.

To this day my mom still always wants to help out with whatever she can-I've been moved out since I was 18 yet she always prevails. I pretty much had to beg her the other night to "keep your money" when I had bought the tickets to This is It (ummm Amazing movie).
My dad every time I stop home is wants to share some sort of sport update or recipe with me, not to mention give me something, anything "I've got extra chicken breasts in the freezer...." "Need any parsley?" or "I'm going to Sam's..need anything". Just the other month I got new tires for my car-yea it was from "Santa" but 600 bucks-BAM.DONE. I don't think I've ever spend 600 bucks on any one else...don't get me wrong I am by no means spoiled, I liked to call it "being well off"-never with out a meal, clothes or the hippest toy growing up but I bought my first car, my own insurance, etc...if it was going to be mine I would be buying it....and as I grew up they taught me how life is what you make of it, no one else is going to live it or give it to you....you get what you put in to it.


I owe pretty much all of my character, attitude, outlook on life all to my parents. They were the ones who showed me the way, who led by example, who taught me with both what they said and what they did. Without them, who knows what kind of a person I’d be (don't answer that) I am so thankful for everything they've done, shown me, supported me through. Their love and friendship truly makes me the person I am today-which as they continue to tell me is pretty rad. :)

Happy Almost Thanksgiving to all!! Hope you spend it with the ones that mean the most near by!

No comments:

Post a Comment