Thursday, January 29, 2009

Adult.

Truth be told I am one now. Officially 25 1/2 years old...things aren't as easy as they used to be. I can't remember the last time I went out during the week where I didn't have be back home by 7:30, worried that i'd pass out from exhuastion....I'm scared to think of the "happy hour" I have to attend next week-seeing that we aren't meeting till 7....a nap after work is in the works. I can remember being able to stay out till 1 or 2 and roll out at 5am (unhungover) to go teach spin. Those days are so lost I do not dare look for them. Now the pure thought of drinking anything but a light beer activates a pre-hangover before I even begin to drink. And as much as I love wine and all the many flavors and tastes they conceive the heachache that comes with it has yet to be justified.
I have now experienced the wrath of back pain, it's not fun. My vision is getting worse-not wanting to drive at night anymore is a sure sign. The things that my mother used to nag me about growing up are now things I bug Mark about....dirty dishes in the sink and wet towels thrown on the bed and/or floor. The pure fact that as I write this I think of exactly what is sitting in his sink and/or dishwasher I forgot to load and I just shiver.
My blackberry is my personal assisant, not for the constant web browser or the access to Outlook but for my calendar, tasks and reminders. My mind is going as well....too many "experiences" in High School might have fried the little brain cells I was born with. Never a regret though. I'm really amesome at remember things the day after they happen.
Oh but least I'm not alone, my friends are becoming "adults" too...realizing now that if we'd like to do something to plan WAAAAAY in advance. I'm guessing "save the date" cards should be used for more than just weddings. My infamous game night that I believe started out for 2/7 then to 2/20 has not been postponed to like March 2010. "save the date" girls.....SAVE........THE.....DATE....

1 comment: