Thursday, April 2, 2009

consider it.

If there isn't one out there already I think a book "Consideration for Dummies" should be written. This week has been brutal on me work wise. Long story short-recalled food ingredients makes a food broker's life a living hell. Needless to say I've been on the phone with lots of people, some old some new, email after email, faxes after faxes. All the while being called a number of things, all NOT my name....hence the stupid reason for the post.
Now roughly 25 and 3/4 years ago, two (very lucky) humans had the pleasure to narrow their choices down to the eye catching, rolls off the tongue type name of Jennifer Anne Lantro. Yet somehow I rarely get called it, EVVVER. Why is that? I introduce myself as Jennifer, not Jen, and DEFINITELY not Jenny (what am I 8 with pigtails?!). So why do people think it's ok to call me it? I mean people that know me yea ok I'll allow it , but people I've never met or complete strangers? My biggest pet peeve is when (in person) I introduce myself as Jennifer, shake their hand and go on, not 14 seconds later they refer to me as Jen/Jenny...AHHH, it drives me crazy, what gives?? If I wanted to be known as Jen I would say "Hi, I'm Jen", where do all the manners, consideration and respect go!?
Guess I should be happy really, I mean I'm glad I wasn't named Richard, I never did like the shorten version of that. Not sure how I'd like being called Dick, and where does that even come from?? Oh well...so yea it's Jennifer (unless I say otherwise), oh and if you're looking for Jenny she's not here but call her-867-5309. Later kids.

4 comments: