Monday, December 14, 2009

Tbox 2009!

It's a bittersweet moment....Tbox has come and gone...nothing but success but now a rough 355 days left till the next one.....granted I have yet to ever make it "wire to wire" (going to all 12 bars and still somehow be alive) I do love a good bar crawl.  
For those of you who don't know what the Twelve Bars Of Xmas is, here is a quick recap....bar crawl...starts 8:30am...Wrigleyville,IL....opening ceremonies at 10:30am followed by everyone splitting into 4 large groups (total attendance this year well over 7000) on to their next bar...this year's theme was High School.  
My friends who were in the "Royal Court" were given "Team Rydell High" which OH MY GOD is from one of my favorite all time movies-Grease, so of course I jumped at the chance to be Sandra Dee...the rest of the gals were "Pink ladies" and the boys were Rydell's finest football team...
Now on to the highlights:
Opening Ceremonies-10:30am complete with Mark's friend 
Harold (TBOXer #1) taking center stage..


Sandra Dee with her PINK Ladies...

And oh man what could make this girl happier than a pack of penguins!!!!?!?


Yes, the penguins made my day-but what a great time, getting to see friends from all over (yes people fly in for just this weekend), walking the streets of Wrigley with over 7000 people all dressed in the holiday spirit (how couldn't a holiday obsessed gal like myself NOT like this!?)!!!  If you missed it-mark your calendars for next year!  It never disappoints!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. OMG you look so ridiculously cute - and you definitely look like you had a blast!! How fun!!! =) For so long I was like "WTF is TBOX?!?!??!" But now I know, I feel so knowledgeable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a blast and I might have been cute ;-)...NOW you'll have to come in for it next year!!!! SUCH THE TRIP!!!

    ReplyDelete